The Town Deal Board
Every Town Deal area has its own 'Town Deal Board' which will set the vision and develop the strategy for the local area.
The Government has set out clear requirements for the Board to ensure it includes a representative from all tiers of local government; the MP; local business / investor community; the Local Enterprise Partnership; a representative from a prominent local civic and faith organisations and ‘anchor institutions’ that the government defines as having a significant role in the local economy.
The role of the Board is to:
- Develop and agree an evidence based Town Investment Plan
- Develop a clear programme of interventions
- Coordinate resources and influence stakeholders
It is chaired by John Cove, Chair of MK Dons Sport and Education Trust, and its members are drawn from a number of partners and organisations across Milton Keynes who have an interest in the Bletchley and Fenny Stratford area.
The Board is made up of the following individuals:
- John Cove - Chair of the Board. John is Chairman of Milton Keynes Dons FC Sport and Education Trust.
- Councillor Pete Marland - Leader of Milton Keynes Council.
- Delia Shephard - Clerk to Bletchley and Fenny Stratford Town Council.
- Helen Hupton - Clerk to West Bletchley Council.
- Angie Ravn-Aagaard - Treasurer of the Consortium of Bletchley Residents Associations (COBRA).
- Ian Revell - CEO of MK Community Foundation.
- Dr Julie Mills OBE - CEO and Group Principal of MK College.
- Oliver Mytton - Deputy Director of Public Health at Milton Keynes Council.
- Charles Macdonald - CEO of Milton Keynes Development Partnership.
- Hilary Chipping - CEO at the South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Denise Wetton - Commercial and Business Development Director at Network Rail.
- Iain Stewart MP - Member of Parliament for Milton Keynes South.
- Catherine Butt - Vicar of St Frideswide's Anglican Church in Water Eaton.
- Tim Roxburgh - Special Projects Director at Milton Keynes Development Partnership.
The Board is not a legal entity and its role is advisory. Its purpose is to work with Milton Keynes Council, to which it is accountable as the Lead Council, to produce the Town Investment Plan which sets out a clear understanding of the local area focusing on its assets, opportunities and challenges. It will subsequently assist in the production of business cases to access Town Deal funding.